A Hermitage Offering
Wikipedia describes a hermitage as a type of secluded monastery. Not too familiar a notion in our busy lifestyle these days. Do you every dream of fleeing to an ashram in India for a couple months, or pretending you’re Julian of Norwich in a coastal cottage, allowing your contemplative soul to breathe? Miramar is now offering a special accommodation for long-term sabbatical retreatants.
This possibility may be ideal for you if you:
- wish to be away for 3 weeks or more
- desire peace for re-centering and true quiet for prayer
- yearn for sabbatical down-time geared towards spiritual renewal, with natural beauty at your fingertips
- need a stress-less environment to focus on academic study
Located only a stone’s throw from Kingston Bay and the ocean, 15 minutes away from historic Plymouth, 30 minutes from Cape Cod, and one hour south of Boston, our location is prime. In addition, for longer-term retreatants we prioritize customizing our service to suit your requests. We pride ourselves in hospitality.
Your experience further includes:
- all meals
- room/board, with full private kitchen
- laundry facilities on premises
- friendly and helpful staff
- options for spiritual direction and/or retreat participation
- beautiful gardens and natural ambience at its best
Cost: $85 per day (meals included)
Optional spiritual direction: $300 (one-time fee)
Optional retreats: $200 (one-time fee)
For more information, contact Fr. Tom Umbras at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via Miramar’s main phone, (781) 585-2460.